Comment on page
0.5 Eth2 Roadmap
The transition from the current Ethereum network to Ethereum 2.0 will take place over 4 main phases and will likely last a couple of years. The goals of this transition, which is commonly referred to as docking, is to reduce gas costs in Ethereum transactions and to make the Ethereum chain much more scalable.
- Learn about the different phases of the Ethereum 2.0 upgrade.
- Understand the goals of the Ethereum 2.0 upgrade.
- Phase 0 - Creation and establishment of the Beacon Chain
- Phase 1 - Shards - 64 shards will be deployed
- Phase 1.5 - Ethereum 1.0 will enable transfers as it becomes a shard
- Phase 2 - Execution of the chain and upgraded version of Eth 2.0 will become available
- Explain the different upgrades that will come in each phase?
- What are the five distinct goals of the Ethereum 2.0 upgrade?